Thursday March 16 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific / 12:00 p.m. Eastern / 4:00 p.m. UK
The recent launch of Greening of Streaming’s Low Energy Sustainable Streaming (LESS) Accord – an 18-month industry-wide consultation which looks to challenge the ‘quality paradigm’ across broad swathes of the streaming industry – will undoubtedly provoke strong feelings on both sides of the quality versus more efficiency debate.
Please join us for a panel discussion on the most pressing issue facing the streaming industry today, followed by the opportunity to continue the conversation and network freely on the LIVE! platform.
- A brief introduction to the LESS Accord
- Differences in quality are becoming imperceptible/marginal to the consumer. So why could the LESS Accord consultation potentially be so contentious?
- How could the divide between quality and efficiency be realistically resolved?
- What are the most likely areas of contention – and for optimism
- How disruptive would a change of focus from quality to energy really be for the industry?
- What might energy-optimized encoding look like in the future?