As a follow-up to our first panel on sustainability in the streaming industry, this conversation drills down into continuing momentum around arguably the most pressing issue facing the industry today. Look at both easy wins and more complex sustainability challenges the media and entertainment sector has to overcome – and what it will take to achieve them.
Host Neil Howman, Managing Director at 202 Communications, is joined by guest expert, Dom Robinson, Founder of Greening of Streaming and Cofounder and Director of Id3as.
• As streaming becomes an ever larger driver of electricity consumption, how to create a great consumer experience without wasting energy
• Best practices for building power efficiency into streaming workflows
• The efforts to combat “greenwashing” in the streaming industry and instead, build real sustainability
• A progress update on recent academic research and policy advocacy efforts
• The current status of the work being done to create end-to-end energy efficiency in the technical supply chain