Tuesday Nov. 22 at 8:00 am PT/ 11:00 am EST/ 4:00 pm UK/ 5:00 pm CET
As a follow up to our first panel on sustainability in the streaming industry six months ago, this conversation will drill down into continuing momentum around arguably the most pressing issue facing the industry today. We’ll look at both easy wins and more complex sustainability challenges the media and entertainment sector has to overcome – and what it will take to achieve them.
Topics in the discussion will include:
- As streaming becomes an ever larger driver of electricity consumption, how to create a great consumer experience without wasting energy
- Best practices for building power efficiency into streaming workflows
- The efforts to combat “greenwashing” in the streaming industry and instead, build real sustainability
- A progress update on recent academic research and policy advocacy efforts
- The current status of the work being done to create end-to-end energy efficiency in the technical supply chain
You’ll leave the panel and networking event with an increased awareness about the sustainability issues affecting the streaming industry and a renewed charge to engage in the effort going forward.